Indian wicketkeeper-batsman has come out without fear against the likes of Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Chetan Sharma, and the Board for its haste to inject fresh talents to the team. Wriddhiman Saha, who has remained as a top choice to fill the shoes of wicketkeeper after MS Dhoni took retirement, has been dropped from the team to play the visiting Sri Lankan team. In a squad announced on Saturday (February 19), the Indian selectors appointed Rohit Sharma as the captain of all three formats but did not choose to back the experienced and senior wicketkeeper-batsman for the series.
According to the massive revelations by Wriddhiman Saha, the team management that includes Rahul Dravid, has cleared the air on the selection of the veteran player. He has suggested that he is being told to consider retirement as he is no longer an asset that the team is looking forward to gelling up with. Previously, Wriddhiman Saha had also pulled out of Ranji Trophy but no reason was cited for his sudden opt-out.
‘The team management had told me that I would not be considered henceforth. I could not tell this so long as I was part of the India team setup,” an explosive Wriddhiman told media persons on Saturday. Even coach Rahul Dravid suggested that I think about taking retirement,” said Wriddhiman Saha while addressing the media on Saturday after the 18-members squad was announced on Saturday.
The player has also accused BCCI President, Sourav Ganguly, of showing dual standards.
“‘When I hit an unbeaten 61 taking a pain-killer in the first Test against New Zealand in Kanpur last November, Dada (as Sourav was referred to by Bengal players) congratulated me over Whatsapp.