Hellbound Season 2 Release Date Updates: One of the unexpected announcements from Netflix’s TUDUM event during their Korean content showcase was the official renewal of Yeon Sang Ho’s Hellbound for season 2.
Hellbound is a Netflix Original horror series written and directed by Yeon Sang-Ho that is based on the popular South Korean webtoon Hell.
The series was one of the most popular K-Dramas on Netflix in 2021, coming in second only to the worldwide phenomenon Squid Game. The show has received critical acclaim, with a 97% RottenTomatoes rating and numerous awards.
Renewal Status of Hellbound Season 2 on Netflix
Since Hellbound debuted on Netflix over ten months ago, there has been complete silence regarding any news of a renewal. We were convinced that the series would not return for a second season when we learned at the Netflix TUDUM event that Hellbound had been renewed for a second season.
Hellbound Season 2 Cast: Who Will Be in It?
- Yoo Ah-in performs the role of Jeong Jin-soo, a cult leader of the newly formed New Truth Society.
- Young Jeong Jin-soo played by Park Sang-hoon
- Min Hyejin, played by Kim Hyun-Joo, is a lawyer.
- Won Jin-ah plays Song So-Hyun, Bae Young-wife. Jae’s
- Detective Jin Kyeong-hoon is played by Yang Ik-June.
- Bae Young-Jae, a production director for a broadcasting station, is played by Park Jeong-min.
- Lee Dong-Wook, a live streamer and member of Arrowhead, is played by Kim Do-Yoon.
- Kim Shin-rok portrays Park Jeong-JA, as a mother by herself.
- Lee Re plays Jin Hee-Jeong, Jin Kyeong-daughter. hoon’s
- Yoo Ji, a priest of the New Truth cult, is played by Ryu Kyung-soo.
- Member of the Church, Kim Hyun
- Deacon Young-in of the New Truth played by Kim Mi-soo
- Deacon Sacheong of the New Truth, Cha Si-won
- Professor of sociology Gong Hyeong-Joon is played by I’m Hyeong-guk.
Hellbound Season 2 Plot: What Will Happen Next?
Sohyun asked Deacon Yuji in the final episode of Hellbound if her baby deserved the tragic fate. Following this, society convenes and decides that she be separated from her, and it may be a secret that even the righteous can be damned.
More people, like the baby, should survive the gods’ decree in the second series. Given that Park Jeong-JA died and came back to life, we can expect him to explain what happens when someone dies.
We can also expect society’s attitudes toward death and demon visits to change. Season one ending in such a way would answer the question, “Are angels truly angels?” The second season could also answer whether hell exists or whether the victims go somewhere other than hell.
Hellbound Season 2 Trailer: When Will be Released?
Netflix has yet to release the second season’s teaser or trailer, and the trailer may be released in mid-2022; fingers crossed. The first season teaser, which is now available on Netflix, depicts how this heinous creature attacks humans. If you haven’t already, you should.
When Can We Expect Hellbound Season 2 to Be Released on Netflix?
With the series officially renewed, we can speculate on when we can expect it to return.
Yeon Sang Oh, the series director, and the creator will be busy with multiple projects for Netflix over the next year, including an adaptation of Parasyte and a new zombie horror series. This means that production may not start until late 2023 or early 2024.
Hellbound filming began on September 17th, 2020, and ended on January 18th, 2021. So it was just over fourteen months between the start of filming and the Netflix release date. This means that, if we use fourteen months as a rough estimate, Hellbound season 2 won’t be available on Netflix for quite some time.