With plenty of streaming services available, it’s hard to keep a track of each one of them. Moreover, not all of the streaming platforms are free to watch, and subscribing to multiple services is costly. Hulu is one of the best streaming apps; it allows people to stream movies and TV shows live and online.
However, if someday you find it difficult to find your favorite content on Hulu, there’s no need to carry on the subscription. Canceling Hulu is a bit tricky and to stop the subscription you need to follow different methods for different platforms. So, if you’re willing to Cancel Hulu, this article will guide you how to do it easily.
The easiest way to cancel Hulu is from its website. To cancel Hulu on desktop through the website, follow these steps:
- Open Hulu.com in the browser and click on ‘Login’ on the top right of the main screen.
- Now log in to your Hulu account and click on your name on the top right corner.
- A pop-up menu will appear, click on ‘account’.
- Click on ‘Cancel your subscription’.
- Hulu will ask if you want to continue to cancel. Go ahead and click on it.
- Your Hulu subscription is canceled now.
The Hulu app is available for various platforms and it has a different set of options for subscription and cancellation. But, according to VPNcheck.org, the cancellation process on the Hulu app is fairly simple for Android users. Follow these steps to cancel Hulu on Android:
- Launch the Hulu app on mobile and open the ‘Account’ icon. The icon is present at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on ‘Account’ from the menu.
- Enter password if the app asks for it.
- Click on ‘Cancel’ beside the ‘Cancel your subscription’ option.
After this, your subscription will be canceled. However, if you have paid for the subscription, you can still access the content till the end of the billing date.
If you’re an iOS user and have Hulu app on your iPhone or iPad, the problem is that you won’t be able to cancel the subscription on the app. To cancel the subscription you’ll have to go to the browser on your desktop or mobile and then follow all the instructions which we stated in the first section. Apart from that, you can also cancel your Hulu subscription from the iPhone subscription. Follow these steps to cancel Hulu:
- Open ‘Settings’ on iPhone.
- Click on your Apple ID that is present on the top of the screen.
- Now go to ‘Subscriptions’.
- Click on the ‘Hulu Subscription’.
- Go to ‘Cancel your Subscription’. If you aren’t currently using a subscription, but a free trial. Your option will appear as ‘Cancel Free Trial’.
- The cancellation process is completed.
After canceling your Hulu subscription, you can still access the Hulu app on your iOS device. However, you won’t be able to access the content after the billing date has arrived and your payment for the period has been used. You can also renew your subscription later by visiting the same page.
If you have subscribed to Hulu through iTunes, you can cancel your subscription by following these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- Go to the account menu.
- Go to ‘view my account’ from the account menu.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log in to your account.
- Go to the Settings section and click on the ‘Manage Option’ beside the ‘Subscription’.
- Click on ‘Edit’ that is beside Hulu.
- You’ll now be directed to a page where you can cancel the subscription.
Spotify premium also includes Hulu subscription. However, if you have decided to cancel Hulu on Spotify, you’ll have to go back to your free account of Spotify (read more). Follow these steps to cancel Hulu through Spotify:
- Log in to your Spotify account on the browser.
- Go to ‘Account Settings’.
- Go to ‘Change Plan’.
- Go to ‘Spotify Free’ and click on ‘Cancel Premium’ and confirm choice if required.
- A pop-up window will appear that shows the date when your Spotify Premium will change to Spotify Free.
If you’re paying for your Hulu subscription through the Amazon app, you can cancel it either through Amazon or Hulu. To cancel the Hulu subscription through Amazon, follow these steps:
- Go to the web browser and launch the Amazon website.
- Enter your Amazon username and password.
- Go to ‘Account & Lists’ at the top right corner.
- A menu will appear, click ‘Your Account’ there.
- Click on ‘Your devices and content’.
- Go to ‘Things you can do’ and click on ‘Manage App Store subscriptions’.
- Go to ‘Hulu’ and click on ‘Actions’.
- A menu will appear, click on ‘Turn off auto-renewal’.
- Another menu will appear, confirming your decision.
After all this, you’ll receive an email from Hulu to confirm the cancellation of your subscription. Amazon will not charge you for Hulu from now on.
If you are using Hulu on Firestick, you can cancel the subscription from there too. You just need to go to the web browser and visit the Hulu website. From there you can follow the normal steps to cancel Hulu subscription on a web browser.
Some cable service providers also offer packages that allow you to access Hulu streaming services. However, if you are using Hulu this way, it is a bit difficult to cancel the subscription. You’ll have to call the service provider in this case to make changes to your subscription.
Hopefully, you’ve now understood how to cancel your Hulu subscription from any platform you are accessing it. As you can see, the Hulu subscription cancellation process is not that difficult. However, there are multiple methods to do the cancellation. If you follow all the steps properly, you’ll be able to cancel Hulu within a few minutes.