Some legends never die. This Halloween, Hocus Pocus 2, is the long-awaited sequel to the classic Halloween movie. The teaser takes us back to Salem, Massachusetts, to meet a new group of characters who end up bringing back the Sanderson Sisters, who have been waiting all these years. “Lock your kids up! At the end of this first Hocus Pocus 2 teaser, the sisters say, “Salem, we’re back!” The teaser also shows Billy Butcherson and, of course, a black cat.
Almost 30 years have passed since the Sanderson sisters were last set free. In the 1993 film Hocus Pocus, Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy played Winifred “Winnie” Sanderson, Sarah Sanderson, and Mary Sanderson, three witches who are accidentally brought back to life by a teenage boy in Salem, Massachusetts, on Halloween night. Well, they’re back after all these years, and it’s clear that the trio hasn’t lost any of the funny charm or scary bad guys that made the first Hocus Pocus a cult favorite.
Disney Has Announced That the Following Actors Will Be in Hocus Pocus 2:
- Whitney Peak will play Becca, a high school student who is part of the Sanderson sisters’ world.
- Lilia Buckingham will play Cassie, one of Becca’s friends who wants to stop the Sanderson sisters from getting into trouble.
- Izzy is another of Becca’s friends who are trying to stop the Sanderson sisters from taking over Salem. Izzy will be played by Belissa Escobedo.
- Doug Jones, who played Winifred’s ex-boyfriend Billy Butcherson in the 1993 film, will play him again. He is now… a zombie?
- Tony Hale will play Jefry Traske, the mayor of Salem in the 21st century.
- Sam Richardson will play Gilbert, the owner of a store called the Olde Salem Magic Shoppe.
- Hannah Waddingham will play a new character named the Witch, who is scary.
- Juju Brene will play Sarah Sanderson when she was young.
- Taylor Henderson will play Winifred Sanderson when she was young.
- Nina Kitchen will be a young woman. Mary Sanderson is a woman.
- Froy Gutierrez Becca will play Mike, Cassie’s boyfriend who also picks on people.
Now that we know a little bit more about what each actor or actress will be doing, we can’t wait to see them on the big screen. Becca, Cassie, and Izzy are most often called “women in the present who make the Sanderson Sisters angry.” We’re already shivering!
‘Hocus Pocus 2’ Teaser Trailer
Sam Richardson also said a few things about his role, which had been kept secret up until this point. In May, he told The New Yorker, “I can say that I did get to film a lot of scenes with the women.” “As a fan of all three of them who grew up watching that movie, it was really strange, fun, and exciting to get to see them up close acting like those characters and then get to talk to them about it.
Hocus Pocus 2 is set to be released on Disney+ on September 30, 2022.