Nia Talita Long was born on October 30, 1970, in Brooklyn, New York. Talita (née Gillman) was a printmaker and teacher, and her father, Doughtry Long, was a high school teacher and poet. Long has an older half-sister, Sommore (born Lori Ann Rambough), who is also a comedian and an actress. Long’s parents divorced when she was two years old.
She later moved to Iowa City, Iowa, with her mother before relocating to South Los Angeles. Her father was a resident of Trenton, New Jersey. She graduated from Los Angeles’ Westchester High School in 1989, after attending the Roman Catholic all-girls high school St. Mary’s Academy in Inglewood, California.
Nia Long’s Net Worth
Nia Long is a dancer and actress from the United States According to Celebrity Net Worth she has a net worth of $6 million. She amassed her fortune by appearing in films such as “Boyz n the Hood” and “Big Momma’s House,” as well as television shows such as “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and “Empire.”
You May Like:
Nia Long’s Career
View this post on Instagram
- Long made his professional acting debut on the Disney Channel in the 1986 television film “The B.R.A.T. Patrol,” alongside Sean Astin, Tim Thomerson, and Brian Keith. She then landed a three-year contract as Kathryn “Kat” Speakes on the long-running popular soap opera “Guiding Light” from 1991 to 1994.
- Long went on to have a number of minor television roles, appearing in only one or two episodes of shows such as “ER” (1996) and “Moesha” (1996), as well as several unsold TV pilots such as “Live Shot” (1995) and “Black Jaq” (1996). (1998).
- Long has had a successful film career in addition to her television work. Following her role in “Boyz n the Hood” (1991), she went on to appear in films such as “Made in America” (1993), “Friday” (1995), “Love Jones” (1997), “Hav Plenty” (1997), “Soul Food” (1997), “Butter” (1998), “The Best Man” (1999), “In Too Deep” (1999), “Stigmata” (1999), “Boiler Room” (2000), “Big
Awards and Nominations
Long has received numerous awards and nominations for her work as an actress. In 2000, she won Best Actress at the Black Reel Awards for her performance in “The Best Man.” She has received three Image Awards, including two for Outstanding Actress in a Television Drama (in 2004 and 2005) and one for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture (in 2000). She has also been nominated for a BET Comedy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Theatrical Film.
Long has two children. Massai Dorsey is the mother of her first child, born in 2000. Ime Udoka, a former professional basketball player, gave birth to her second son in 2011. Long and Udoka started dating in 2010 and got engaged in May 2015.
Social Media Accounts
Nia Long Quick Facts
|Net Worth:||$6 Million|
|Date of Birth:||1970-10-30|
|Height:||5 ft 1 in (1.57 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Music Video Director, Dancer, Voice Actor|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
- Kyle Richards Net Worth: Check Out Her Luxury Life!
- Keke Wyatt Net Worth: Interesting Facts About Her Personal Life