Tom Hanks is one of the world’s most well-known actors. His versatility in parts ranging from comic to dramatic, as well as voice acting and romantic comedies, places him among the greatest in the field. Because of his work spanning four decades, he is often considered an American cultural figure. Forrest Gump, Cast Away, The Green Mile, Toy Story, Saving Private Ryan, and You’ve Got Mail are just a handful of his well-known roles. However, in this piece, we will discuss Tom Hanks’ net worth in 2022.
Hank’s Early Life
On July 9, 1956, Thomas Jeffrey Hanks was born in Concord, California. Hanks’ mother was of Portuguese ancestry, while his father was of English lineage. When his parents divorced in 1960, Tom moved home with their father.
Hanks moved frequently as a boy, and by the age of ten, he had lived in ten different places. Hanks attended Chabot College in California to study theatre. In 1986, he told New York magazine:
“Acting classes appeared to be the greatest location for a guy who liked to make a lot of noise and be a little flashy.” I spent a lot of time attending plays. I wouldn’t go on dates with myself. I’d merely drive to a theatre, pay a ticket, sit in my seat, read the program, and then immerse myself entirely in the play. I spent a lot of time doing that, seeing Brecht and other things.”
A Rising Star
Thomas Jeffrey Hanks, made his cinematic debut in the 1980 low-budget horror-thriller “He Knows You’re Alone.” Later that year, he shot to national prominence as the co-star of the ABC sitcom “Bosom Buddies.” Hanks and Peter Scolari portrayed young males starting out in the advertising field who had to dress as ladies in order to live in a low-cost, female-only motel. Despite the fact that the show only lasted two seasons and never received big ratings, Hanks turned his role into an A-list Hollywood career.
Read More:- Deebo Samuel’s Net Worth
After appearing in Ron Howard’s “Splash” (1984), the actor’s star soared gradually during the 1980s in films such as “The Money Pit,” “Bachelor Party,” “Big,” “Turner & Hooch,” and a few others. The next decade all but obliterated any doubt about Hanks’s standing as a huge Hollywood star, as he notched up blockbuster after blockbuster. “Joe Versus the Volcano,” “A League of Their Own,” “Sleepless in Seattle,” “Philadelphia,” “Forrest Gump,” “Apollo 13,” “Toy Story,” “Saving Private Ryan,” and “You’ve Got Mail” are among his most known 1990s film titles.
Beginning his sixth decade in the motion picture industry. Hanks has appeared in (or provided voice work for) over 80 films and has directed, written, or executive produced nearly 90 of them. In 2002, he won the American Film Institute’s Lifetime Achievement Award’s youngest recipient.
- Chicago Film Critics Association Best Actor – Won (2000)
- New York Film Critics Circle Best Actor – Won (2000)
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama – Won (2000)
- Toronto Film Critics Association Best Actor – Runner-up – Won (1998)
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Best Actor – Won (1994)
- National Board of Review Best Actor – Won (1994)
- Screen Actors Guild Best Actor – Won (1994)
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama – Won (1994)
- Berlin International Film Festival Silver Bear for Best Actor – Won (1994)
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Best Actor – Won (1993)
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy – Won (1993 )
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy – Won (1988)
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Best Actor – Won (1987)
Tom’s Net Worth
The net worth of om аnk is estimated to be around $410 million. Tom makes a living as a North American actor, director, screenwriter, and producer. He rose to prominence as the world’s third highest-grossing actor.
Tom has made $100 million per film in Hollywood throughout the years and is thus the highest-paid actor. According to several sources, his annual income will be $35 million in 2022. His acting career, promotions, and brand collaborations provide the majority of his revenue.
Also Read:- Walter Mondale’s Net Worth
Hank’s Personal Life
From 1978 to 1987, Hanks was married to Samantha Lewes. The couple had two children: Colin Hanks (now an actor) and Elizabeth Ann. Hanks married actress Rita Wilson in 1988; having been reared in numerous Christian traditions, Hanks switched from Roman Catholicism to Eastern Orthodox Christianity when he married Wilson.
They first met on the set of Hanks’ television program Bosom Buddies, but they later fell in love while working on the film Volunteers. They have two kids, Chester, or “Chet,” and Truman (who appears in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as a student who asks Dr. Jones a question at the end of the college chase).
Also Read:- Walter Mondale’s Net Worth